Attendance at school is a legal requirement for every child between 5 and 12.
Our attendance target for 2016/17 is 98 % and will be closely monitored.
You need to know that:
- All children must be at school by 9:00 am, the start of the school day.
- Any child arriving after this time will be mark on the register as LATE.
- Persistent lateness and absence will be reported to the Attendance Officer, and the Principal will request a meeting.
- Please ensure you contact the school on the first day of any absence. If this is due to sickness you do not need to ring on following days as we will assume that it is the same absence. When the child returns to school please ensure that a letter accompanies the child with a brief explanation.
- A phone call to parents/carers will be made if we have not been notified for safeguarding reasons.
Punctuality – Please ensure that your child is in school and on time. All our classes have learning activities from 9:00 am. If your child arrives late they can miss out on a significant portion of learning time and disrupt the teacher and other children as instructions need to be repeated just for them. Being late can also get the day off to a bad start for your child; some children feel embarrassed arriving when everyone else is working.